The Constitution Modernization Initiative 2007 will comprise of a four part programme. Phase 4 has just been completed and we are now in the planning stages of the implementation for the New Constitution.
The phases were expected to take place during a period of 24 months starting 1 March 2007, although there is no fixed end date for the Constitution Modernization Initiative.
Phase 2 - Consultation
- Public education on Constitutional issues raised in Public Discussion Paper
- Public consultation period
Phase 1 - Research
- Identify viable areas of Constitutional Reform
- Publication & distribution of a Public Discussion Paper
Phase 4 -Referendum
- National Referendum on Constitutional Reform
Phase 3 - Negotiation
- Negotiations between the Cayman Islands and the United Kingdom for modernization of the Cayman Islands Constitution
Last Updated: 2008-10-07