Constitutional Review 2002
A statement concerning the Constitutional Review was issued by HE the Governor, Mr. Peter J. Smith, CBE.
Official Hansard Report, 29th July 2004A Policy Paper – Protecting, Enhancing and Pro-moting the Cayman Islands ‘A Cayman Islands Constitution for the future’
Note: This is not the 2008 UDP Constitutional position
Source: Public document, official hansard of the Legislative Assembly. Provided to the Secretariat by the UDP office on January 21, 2008.
The debate on the Report of the Constitutional Modernisation Review Commissioners 2002. The Official Hansard Report.
Report of the Constitutional Modernization Review Commissioners 2002
Documents are published as PDF documents. For more information read the PDF guidelines.
- Report of the Constitutional Modernisation Review Commissioners 2002
- HE the Governor Mr. Peter J. Smith, CBE, and the Commissioners, Mr. Benson O. Ebanks, OBE, JP, Mr. Leonard N. Ebanks, JP and Mr. Arthur B. Hunter, OBE presented this report for public feedback.
- Map of Proposed Constituencies
- Part of the Report of the Constitutional Commissioners.
- Proposed Constituencies
- A written description of the borders of the 17 proposed constituencies; part of the Report of the Constitutional Commissioners.
- Report from the Elections Office
- The office used its database to assist the Commissioners with their proposal for new constituencies.
- A Draft Constitution
- The Constitutional Commissioners submitted this draft containing the terms of the current constitution and the Commissioners' recommended changes.
See also some published local articles.
Draft Cayman Islands Constitution Order
Prepared by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office for public consultation and discussion.
- Caribbean and North Atlantic Territories, The Cayman Islands Constitution Order 2003
- Draft for public consultation and discussion.